Chloe Jasmine

Chloe Jasmine

Monday 21 April 2014

Smashbox full exposure palette review

It was my birthday recently and my friends kindly bought me the smashbox full exposure eye palette! I love it. I have a big love for nude palettes anyway but I think this is just so beautiful, it has the perfect shades for everyday and for an evening out, so perfect for any event, I have heard some mixed reviews about this palette but personally I really like it.

What I love most about this palette is how it has absolutely everything you need, it comes with 7 matte shades and 7 shimmers, there is a highlight shade, a transition shade and brow colours (if you like to fill in your brows with eyeshadow), and the matte black colour for an eyeliner-perfect! The pigmentation with the shimmer could be better but you can get the perfect pigmentation you want just by layering it up.

I really like how for each shade there is a shimmer to match, the one which I've been loving layering recently is the third set, this colour really suits my eye colour, so for anyone with green eyes look for warmer tones like these to really compliment and bring out your eyes.

What I found really useful was the little leaflet that it came with, it tells you all about how to apply eyeshadow best for your eye shape so for beginners or even people who use eyeshadow it's really helpful and teaches you more about your eye shape and what suits you best. It also gives you three steps to three different looks for each eye shape which I think is really good because it gives you more ideas to experiment- overall I found this leaflet very handy and I haven't really seen a palette which comes with a leaflet like this before, it's very good for beginners like me haha!

The brush it came with is also very good this may sound odd but as I'm sure many of you who have bought eye shadow palettes have found in the past the brushes aren't that great, often I use my real techniques brushes but this brush is really good and I think it blends really well, there is two sides to it, one for shimmer and one for matte, I think its good to keep the matte and shimmer separate. 

Overall I'm so impressed with this and have fallen in love! Would definitely recommend it to everyone who loves a nude palette or even to anyone who is just starting to experiment with eyeshadows this is a great every day palette. I hope you've liked this post speak to you soon! Love Chloe xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment